Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pre-Baby Blog Post from Jon

I saw these questions on a few other people's blogs & thought it would be fun to ask Jon questions pre-Jett.  I know he secretly reads my blog...so now he can officially be a part of it! And, for those who know my husband, he's super sarcastic so these answers are 100% typical for him.  :)

Jessica: How did you feel when I first told you I was pregnant?
Jon: I thought you were lying.  I think I originally said “No you’re not.” And then I realized you were serious. 

One of many, many pregnancy tests

Jessica: How did you feel when we found out we were having a boy?
Jon: Relieved.  I secretly wanted a boy, but didn’t tell you that.  It ultimately wouldn’t have mattered, but I was really excited it was a boy so I can take him hunting, fishing, camping, etc. 

It's a boy!

Jessica: What's been the best & worst part of pregnancy?
Jon: The worst part was definitely you not wanting to eat or nothing sounding good to eat.  (Side note from me: There were many, many nights that I had meltdowns over what to eat for dinner.  It was bad.) Oh and when you threw up all over my truck and sunglasses on the way to the hospital 2 weeks ago. (Probably equally as bad)  The best part was when I got to feel Jett kick for the first time!


Jessica: Any funny memories over the last 9 months?
Jon: Watching you try to do simple things that turned into a chore.  Like watching you roll over in the bed or getting up off the couch or get out of bed….or paint your toenails in the bathroom floor.  Pretty entertaining!

Jessica: What are some of your favorite memories over the last 9 months?
Jon:  Getting to travel to several different places before we never get to leave the house again.  (Laughing)  My favorite trip was probably getting to see the different parts of Oregon and the road trip from Seattle to Portland while we were there.  And us getting to spend quality time together on those trips. 

At the Gum Wall in Seattle

Jessica: What's been the most surprising thing about pregnancy?
Jon: The hormones.  The hormone level of a pregnant woman is something that no man should ever have to put up with.  J I remember us being in Babies R Us early in the pregnancy when we were looking at cribs and furniture and you just crying in the middle of the store because you didn't like anything that was there.  Which, you've always been a bit dramatic...so I'm used to that, but still. 

Jessica: What has been the hardest thing over the last 9 months?

Jon: Knowing that our lives will never be the same no matter what.  Things will always be different. And seeing you being so uncomfortable and sick over the last 2 weeks.   That was pretty hard.   

Jessica: Are you nervous about labor & delivery?

Jon: I’m kinda dreading it because I know I’ll get yelled at a lot. (Laughing) I’m nervous for you and the baby, but I know that it’s nothing that you won’t be able to do. 

Jessica: What are you nervous about & most excited about being a dad?

Jon: I’m most excited about being able to be a kid again and not get in trouble for it by you! I’m most nervous about raising him the way he needs to be raised. 
 
Jessica: How will you get through the sleepless nights the first few months?
Jon: (Laughing) That’s what I have you for! No really, considering I don’t sleep much as it is anyways, I don’t figure a lot will change.  I know you’ll get up for the feedings, but I’ll also be up too to help. 

Jessica: What have I missed the most during pregnancy?
Jon: Wine. 

Me pouring Gingerale into my wine glass at around 5 months pregnant.  Jon's always taking sneaky, sneaky pictures of me---I promise it wasn't wine!

Jessica: Have I been the stereotypical pregnant woman?  Cravings, hormones, etc.?

Jon: Seeing as how I’ve never been married to a pregnant woman before, I’m not really sure what the stereotypical pregnant woman should be.  As far as cravings, no since you never really had any.  I think I’ve said enough about hormones already!

Jessica: What baby chores will you help with?
Jon: All of them…except for breastfeeding.  (Us both laughing)

Jessica: What baby chores will you dread?

Jon: I don’t think I’ll really dread any, but I probably won’t look forward to the really bad diapers or when the baby gets sick.

Jessica: What's your favorite baby item you've received/ bought?

Jon: The airplane diapers that my sister had made for us with Jett’s name and the airplane on them.  Really I like all the airplane themed items that we received from different people.  I really like the aviation theme of the nursery. 



Jessica: What’s your favorite part of the nursery?
Jon: I really like the theme and the colors a lot.  The orange and green especially. 

Jessica: How do you think life will change once we have a baby?

Jon: I don’t think we can even imagine how it’s going to change.  It will be different, but it will be fun.  I’ve wanted kids of my own for a long, long time and I’m just excited about the opportunity to become a father. 

Jessica: What do you think Jett will look like?

Jon: (Laughing) I think he’ll look a little bit like you and a little bit like me. He probably will inherit my no hair gene.  I really think he’ll look like the cutest baby I’ve seen in my whole life!

Jessica: What do you hope Jett is like in general?

Jon: I just hope he’s a happy, healthy baby. 

Jessica: What are you most looking forward to once Jett is born?
Jon: The change, joy, etc. that he’s going to bring.  It will be fun to see how our families are with the first grandchild on both sides of the family. 

In 24 hours, our lives will begin to change for the better.  We can't wait to meet this little guy who will, I'm sure, wrap his little hand around our hearts and make our lives unbelievably amazing!

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful Jessica! Congrats you two!! I'll be saying prayer for you all day long!!! And Happy (early) birthday Jett!

    ReplyDelete