Saturday, February 2, 2013

39 Weeks

Pregnancy Journal:
How far along? 39 Weeks!!! I officially feel like I've been pregnant forever these days.  These last 2 weeks have by far been the hardest so far!  
Pregnancy photo shoots: So Jon has thoroughly enjoyed our pregnancy photo shoots.  On this one I swear he took 30 pictures.  They're pretty funny!
 
 
 Weekend before 39 Weeks
 
39 Weeks exactly & last day of work
 
Me & the little pup.  Her world is about to change too!

Total weight gain/ loss? I've officially started gaining lots of fluid weight this week.  Gaining 7 lbs in 1 week is never fun...especially when you can see the fluid in your feet, legs, etc.

Maternity clothes? My clothing this week has been PJ's! :)  My last day of work was at my 39 Week mark and I've been put on bed rest.  No more maternity dress clothes for me!  

Sleep? Everything is so uncomfortable, so sleep is not happening so much.  Poor Jon hasn't slept much either thanks to me.   

Best Worst moment this week? We'll start (again) with the worst before we get to the best.  My last day of work was on Tuesday.  I've been swelling really badly and noticed little headaches.  Early Wednesday AM, I woke up with a pounding headache.  I've never had migraines, but I would think that this could be somewhat comparable.  I took Tylenol...and it didn't help.  I was in tears from 2AM until Jon got home from work.  Somehow I finally went to sleep & then woke up to call the Dr's office.  The prescribed Tylenol 3 with codeine & told me to check my blood pressure.  The Tylenol made me pretty drowsy and after checking my blood pressure multiple times (and it being outrageously high for me), they told me to go back to Labor & Delivery to be checked for possible Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.  So...back to L&D we went for more fun blood tests and where they monitored my blood pressure every 15 minutes for 2+ hours.  My blood tests came back fine, but by this point my headache had not stopped and my blood pressure was still around 150-160/90-100.  We came home again after being told that if my headaches & blood pressure remained high, we needed to call the doctor again the next morning.  Of course it was still bad the next AM, so I went to the doctor that afternoon & we made the decision for me to go ahead & get induced Sunday night and to be on strict bed rest until then.   

Best moment this week?  Since I've been off work and pretty sick, Jon has stayed home with me.  It's been pretty nice to have quality time together before Jett gets here.  We've been a little bored just because neither of us are used to being at home 24/7.  Our DVR is completely empty for once! I guess Jon has reached his "nesting" phase of this pregnancy too.  He's done laundry everyday, done the dishes, vacuumed, dusted, etc.  I could get used to all this!
 
Emma has also been soaking up all our attention....and sunbathing in the living room:
Rotten dog! 

Miss anything? I'm pretty much over the swelling, headaches, high blood pressure, etc.  I do miss my normal feet though.  I had to take a picture of them so I'd remember how bad they were swollen!


Movement? Movement has turned into contractions.   

Food cravings? With not feeling well, I've been pretty nauseous again.  Things sound good, but when I go to eat something I can have very, very little of it.  I don't think I've ate much of anything this week. 

Anything making you queasy or sick? Not really.  Just nothing sounds good. 

Have you started to show yet? Haha oh yeah!  

Belly button in or out? In. I really thought it would've popped out, but it's held on.    

Wedding ring on or off? Off.

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy and anxious

Name? Jett Owen Baker.

Looking forward to? I think we're both pretty nervous, excited, anxious, etc. about tomorrow night.  Our world is about to change, but we're ready to meet this stubborn little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment