Friday, January 18, 2013

37 Weeks

Pregnancy Journal:
How far along? 37 Weeks -- Jett is the size of a watermelon. Can't believe that!
Looking tired!

Total weight gain/ loss? Yay for the 3rd Trimester & weight gain.  At my doctor appt this week he said "I see that you've gained several pounds this week."  Love when doctors say things like that.  But I'm only up to 16 total lbs gained so far.  I feel like that's actually pretty good!   We won't talk about that 4 lbs gained in 1 week.  Haha!

Maternity clothes? I just put on what fits & looks halfway decent at this point.  I finally broke down & bought flat shoes this week.  I felt like I was fighting it for too long, so I just gave in.  I actually love them! This might be the beginning of a new shoe relationship for me!

Sleep? Ahh sleep comes & goes.  I think I've been sleeping a lot harder this week than I have in the past few.  I'm just so, so tired.  I think that by the time I'm getting solid sleep, my alarm clock goes off!  

Best moment this week? This week I've been trying to get as much done at work as possible.  I'm so paranoid that I'm going to go into labor, leave the office, & no one is going to know where I was at on things.  Not that I'm so important that no one can do what I do, but I don't want to inconvenience anyone.  So, before I leave work every day I put little sticky notes on all my different stacks of paper so someone else can pick up what I'm working on & finish it up.  I've also cleaned my office a thousand times.  I guess nesting carries over to work too!

We had our child birthing class at NEA Hospital this past weekend.  Lots of information & the instructor was fabulous.  I was so apprehensive about going to the class, especially because it was all day long on a Saturday! Saturdays are hard to give up! But, it was well worth the time for sure.  Jon even had to put a diaper on a baby doll at the front of the class.  Of course, he picks up the doll by the arm, leg, etc. to try to get the diaper on there.  Obviously we're going to have to have some practice in that area!! I wish I would've got a video of it.  It was absolutely hilarious! What wasn't hilarious, though, was the 4 birthing videos we had to watch.  I left thinking "there is no way whatsoever that I can do this."  It's a little late for that, but whew...not looking forward to the actual L&D after watching those!

The absolute best part of the week though was getting our car seat in! Because I have to be difficult about everything there possibly is, this story is the best.  Anyways, the Chicco car seat color that Jon & I loved (and the first baby related thing that we 100% agreed on AND what we picked out everything else color wise around) was discontinued right before Christmas.  It was only sold at Babies R Us & not all store locations (maybe 1/2 stores had it).  I had been watching it online & noticed that it wasn't available to ordered online anymore.  So, I called the Little Rock store to try to get one saved from there.  They were sold out.  So, I called BRU customer service.  Let's just say a very, very long story short that customer service is not their strong point.  They are clearly lacking.  After 2+ hours on the phone with 5+ employees, I finally confirmed that the car seat color had been discontinued and even had a customer service rep tell me that there was 1 in stock online but she "wouldn't order it because something might be wrong with it & was a return from someone else probably."  Fantastic.   So, I searched online.  Nowhere had it online.  Not eBay, not Amazon, nothing.  I was super upset & super discouraged.  Especially because we already had the stroller that matched the car seat color we wanted.  So after a highly emotional breakdown and what felt like no help from BRU, Jon & I sat on our computer until midnight Saturday and looked up every BRU store in the U.S. to see what stores had it available.  We found 4 that had it online. I was so upset over there not being any within 8 hours of us that poor Jon was looking up plane tickets to locations that had this car seat.  I do love him a lot, but I would never let him do that!


Sunday, after church, we called one of the stores in Texas that showed that they had it online. I was put on hold for close to 35-40 min. See what I mean about customer service?! Jon called back & was on the phone for the same amount of time only to find out that all 4 they had in the store were either MIA or on reserve for someone. The manager did look up other stores in the area & found one that didn't show up online that had them in stock.  So Jon got off the phone with them & called that store.  After being put on hold AGAIN forever, we found out they had 2 brand new ones in the box (not displays...another problem we were running into)! We begged the guy to ship one to us directly to our house.  We weren't sure if they would be able to since the BRU policy is to ship to other stores, not ship to customers.  I was thrilled when he said he would! He was so nice.  He gave us a 20% discount, used all my registry reward dollars (because, let's face it, I'm over BRU at this point & won't be going to their stores any time soon), and gave us free FedEx shipping.  3 days later my beautiful orange car seat showed up at our front door in one piece! Persistence does pay off! 

This car seat sure was a lot of trouble to get! 
  

Funny moment of the week:  #1 I had my second weekly doctor appointment this week.  After doing my exam & telling me that I wasn't dilated at all, Jon said he thought I was going to start crying at that point.  Funny for him.  Not funny for me. #2  Jett was moving & Jon was feeling of my belly.  He said "I sure do wish my belly was that hard.  I mean, minus the whole baby inside & the bump of course."  I told him that was going on the blog! 

Miss anything? This week I've really decided to take in the last few weeks of being pregnant.  A little late, but better than never.  Overall this has been a pretty healthy, happy pregnancy & I know as soon as we have this baby everything will forever change.  Not that I'm not so excited about that, but this is our last few weeks of peace and quiet for oh...18+ years!

Movement? Movement has slowed down a little, but contractions have picked up!

Food cravings? Nothing in particular.  Also soaking up my eating whatever I want until after Jett gets here!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.

Have you started to show yet? Yes!

Belly button in or out? In....barely.   

Wedding ring on or off? Off.

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy and anxious

Name? Jett Owen Baker. 



Looking forward to? Last baby shower this weekend and putting the finishing touches on everything!  

No comments:

Post a Comment