Friday, January 18, 2013

The Nursery (Part 2)

I'm so, so happy with the way the nursery turned out.  As I wrote about in The Nursery (Part 1), decorating this has been an all around family project & labor of love.  I'm so grateful to my family for helping so much with getting it as perfect as it could be! 

So here's my favorite panorama picture of the nursery! I love the bright colors & of course, the airplanes.  


Other side view of the nursery: 

This wall is pretty special to me.  It's not super clear in this picture, but the photograph hanging on the wall is of a puppy dog on a tow truck pulling other trucks. My Papaw took that photograph when he was in college & it hung over the mantle place at his family's house for the longest time.  As long as I can remember, though, it's been in Mamaw & Papaw's house.  I love that he took the picture & it's a typical little boy photo with the trucks & dogs.  Jon & I were thrilled when I told us we could have it to put in the baby's room.  Such a special touch to add.  

The other piece below it was actually a piece of furniture that my parents used for my nursery. It looks perfect with the photo above it & fits on that wall great too.  So, we have a little bit of old with a little bit of new in the nursery!  

 Here's the other side of the nursery.  The mirror, lamp, and canvas were all painted by me.  The chair (which you can see better in the other blog post) is actually blue & green to match.  And, the dresser is from IKEA...one of my favorite stores ever! 

The shelves on the wall are also the same bright green & they are also from IKEA.  I wish there was an IKEA closer to us! 

Daytime picture of the nursery before the shelves were hung.  And, notice the little airplane rocker in the floor from Jon's sister.  So cute.  

This decal turned out perfect! I ordered the Airplane Decal from Etsy.  Great Etsy shop to work with & loved that she let me order this in 2 different colors.  It is absolutely perfect & looks amazing! 

This is the other wall decal that is right above the door.  It was also ordered from Etsy.  I wanted a little Dr. Seuss combined with airplanes, so this one fit perfectly! 

So now we're just waiting for little Jett to make his appearance so he can use all the wonderful things we have for him.  We're so blessed by our friends and family that have graciously given us gifts for this sweet baby and helped with so many things. This baby is already so lucky to have wonderful people in his life.    


1 comment:

  1. Oh my, Jess!!! So original,such a fabulous mixture of "old-n-new", created with such love...ya'll are gonna be great parents! BEAUTIFUL!!!! Janice

    ReplyDelete