The one name I really wanted to use was Owen. Owen is my Papaw's middle name and I just really thought it would be special to name our son after him in some way since he's so special to us. I wasn't sure if I wanted it to be a first name, even though I love the name, so we decided to use it as a middle name. I feel like we were the only people in the world that picked out a middle name first!
In the back of my mind (and Jon & I had talked about this previously), I somewhat wanted to stick with a "J" name since both of our names start with "J". There are so many popular names right now that start with a "J"--names that I absolutely love--but since Baker is a somewhat common name, I didn't want to have a full name that was super common. A lot of people also recommended us looking at the Dugger's children's names since they use all "J" names for their kids. Clearly there are a lot of names to choose from there.
We struggled with coming up with names. We looked at family names, googled names, looked at baby name books, etc. We found names we liked and added them to our list, but nothing that we were really sold on for sure. I downloaded 2 different baby name apps and laughed a lot when these notifications would pop up on my phone somewhat taunting us to hurry up and make a decision! Haha
As we were driving back from Hot Springs to Jonesboro one weekend, I was steadily looking at names and telling Jon ones that I liked. I googled everything from modern to traditional to popular, etc. Literally everything. I googled Aviation names and Jett was the first one to pop up. I told Jon that name, as I had been doing for the past hour or so, and we added it to the list.
The more we talked about names, the more we loved Jett. It's different, starts with a "J", works well with Baker and Owen, and for my personal request, can't really be shortened to come up with a nickname. Once I started thinking about it, it completely made sense. This little baby boy has already a been an airplane traveler too! Of all of my work travel, I've had to take several flights over the course of my pregnancy and never had any issues at all (thank goodness!) Places traveled for work/fun with Mommy (because really...he had no choice):
- St. Louis, MO
- Providence, RI
- Fresno, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Oakland, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- Eugene, OR
- Dallas, TX
- Kansas City, MO
- Lincoln, NE
So, Jett Owen Baker it is! We can't wait to meet our little baby!
Super excited for you guys! Jett is a great name!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute name! =) I LOVE it!
ReplyDelete