Monday, December 10, 2012

31 Weeks

Pregnancy Journal:
How far along? 31 Weeks -- Baby Baker is the size of a head of lettuce & is approximately 4 lbs.
Hello baby bump!
 
Total weight gain/ loss? I have a Dr. Appt tomorrow, so we shall see.  But I can tell that I've definitely gained weight over the past week. 

Maternity clothes? So, my fun stretchy jeans are getting a little tight this week.  And, my dress black pants, which still button, are getting a little tight.  I was telling my Mom that on the way to work Monday & her reaction was "it's about time!". 

Sleep? What sleep?! I think I told someone this week that I feel like an 80 year-old women getting out of bed in the middle of the night 1,000 times to use the bathroom.  My hips hurt when I lay on them too long & it's so hard to get comfortable.  Emma just sighs at me when I move constantly during the night.   



Best moment this week?  So many great moments this week.  But first with the not-so-great:  I've had to do several inventory observations this week for work, which are normally no big deal, but being on my feet constantly makes my feet swell so much.  Not fun at all. 


On Saturday we got to watch ASU win a back-to-back Sunbelt Championship.   It's a little bittersweet that footbal season (minus bowl games) is over.  We're still trying to decide if we're going to the Go Daddy Bowl that ASU is playing in.  I'm not sure how I feel about that being 36 weeks pregnant then.  I don't want to deliver in Mobile, AL!

This is how you tailgate at 7 months pregnant! 

On Sunday night, Jon & I went with Mom & Dad to the Garvin Gardens Christmas Light tour.  It was beautiful! We walked around the gardens and then went to the glass chapel where Jon & I got married. 
 
"Inside" the lights in the Garden
 
 Daddy, Me, & Jon
 
 Inside Anthony Chapel at Garvin Gardens.  Can't believe it's been over 3 years since we got married there!
 
 Loved the Christmas Trees throughout
 
Us in front of the lights towards the end
 
On Monday morning, Jon & I flew to Dallas from Hot Springs for a work trip.  Once we got to Dallas we decided to go to the Sixth Street Museum at Dealey Plaza---the Texas Book Depository & Grassy Noll where JFK was shot in Dallas.  I've always been a huge history buff when it comes to the JFK shooting.  Papaw was actually downtown a few blocks away when JFK was shot.  Hearing him talk about being there is so interesting to me.  Anyways, Jon & I walked around the area & went through the museum.  It was pretty interesting!

The Grassy Noll/Texas Depository

The view from the 7th floor of Dealey Plaza---
one floor above where the shots were supposedly fired. 
 

Inside the Museum

Tuesday I had my inventory in TX.  Jon was adament that we eat at Whataburger while we were in TX.  And Jon had to document my first ever trip to Whataburger.  Oh the memories!

On Wednesday morning when we were supposed to fly back, our flight got cancelled.  Long story short, we ended up renting a car & driving back to Hot Springs.  Once we got the rental car from the Galleria, I convinced Jon we needed to go to IKEA & get some furniture that we had seen there for the baby room.  I can't even express how much I LOVE IKEA.  We had a blast going through all the rooms that were set up throughout.  I wish we would've had more time/space to get things. 

Overall, Jon & I had a great time in Dallas.  We both fell in love with the city and all the things to do there.  I've really tried to soak up as much quality time with Jon as possible.  I know things will change so much in the next few months & this was probably our last trip away for a while.  It was fun getting to spend time together laughing, talking, and exploring.  I love our time together and our special memories we've made. 

Funny moment of the week:  On Sunday morning (after I'd hardly slept the night before--see above explanation) I was sitting up in the bed and Jon was trying to get me up so we'd make it to church on time.  Here's our conversation:
Me: "But Baby Jett doesn't want to get out of bed...he's tired!"
Jon: "But Baby Jett really wants to go learn about Jesus, so you've got to get up!"
Me: "Well played...I'm getting up." 

Miss anything? Sleep, comfortableness, my feet not swelling, etc. 

Movement? This has been the first week that I've literally seen Jett move around in my stomach.  Some days I feel like he's stretching out and just getting comfy.  I'm glad my belly makes a comfy home for now!

Food cravings? Chips.  And I never eat chips.  It's weird. 

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.

Have you started to show yet? Oh my gosh, yes.  People are finally noticing that I'm pregnant when I go in public!

Belly button in or out? In.  Someone told me this week that I'd know the baby was ready when my belly button was out.  I thought that was funny. 

Wedding ring on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy!

Name possibilities? Jett Owen Baker


Looking forward to? Alpha Gam baby shower this weekend, Jon recovering from his tonsilectomy.  and Christmas parties.  Tis the season!  


No comments:

Post a Comment