This week has been eventful. We finally got the first piece of our baby bedding figured out (see below), got to spend time with Mom & Dad, and I cleaned the house quite a bit. I think my "nesting" may be kicking in now. :) Jon had class for work one night this week & I decided it would be a good idea to pull everything out of our bathroom cabinets & drawers and reorganize. I think the bathroom looks much better now---now on to the other rooms!
I was anxiously awaiting the crib coming in this week. It was supposed to be in on Tuesday & I was so excited to track it and see that it was out for delivery right on schedule. When I checked the tracking again a few hours later (I was being a little obsessive....) I noticed that the status had been updated to "damaged" on the tracking. After multiple calls and emails, we're still not sure how it became damaged along the way or what was even damaged on the crib-- it was sent back to the Company without us seeing it. The company immediately sent out a replacement crib that should be in on Tuesday. I really, really hope that this time in comes in one piece & everything is okay with it. I'm really looking forward to getting it set up in the nursery and getting started on putting everything together.
Pregnancy Journal:
How far along? 25 Weeks
Total weight gain/ loss? No weight gain yet... Someone told me this week that I was that pregnant person they all despised because I haven't gained any weight!
Maternity clothes? Still in my regular clothes minus my (still) awesome stretchy maternity jeans.
Sleep? I seem to be waking up at 4AM on a consistent basis. :(
Best moment this week? Spending time with the parentals! Jon & I went to Hot Springs to see mom & dad on Friday. I had just got the baby blanket I ordered from Etsy in & I was eager to try and get baby bedding nailed down. Jon & I feel in love with the airplane material, but finding the rest of the pieces to go with the bedding has been challenging. I was so excited that the blanket came in (super fast too!) and I loved it in person just as much as looking at it online.
After searching for material, looking at a ton of baby things, etc. Mom & I have decided to sew the rest of the bedding (minus crib sheets) ourselves! We started by making a precious sock monkey blanket just to test out the sewing skills. It turned out perfect!
Material we used for the blanket. We also put a "minky" backing on it. So cute!
After FINALLY deciding on material to use for the rest of the bedding (seriously...we went to every fabric store, website, etc.) we finally got started. I had to order the airplane material online that we are using for the bumpers, but it should be in this week. We got the materials to make the cording for the bumpers, the bumpers themselves, and the crib skirt. We also got material to make 2 crib sheets, which we'll be taking to a lady in Hot Springs to make. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Mom cutting the material for the cording on the bumpers
Miss anything? No
Movement? Lots of movement!
Food cravings? Pumpkin....Mom & I had pumpkin fudge, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin coffee. Ya know...all the stuff I'm probably not supposed to have at this point!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.
Movement? Lots of movement!
Food cravings? Pumpkin....Mom & I had pumpkin fudge, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin coffee. Ya know...all the stuff I'm probably not supposed to have at this point!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.
Most entertaining thing you've been emotional about this week? I was so sad to leave mom & dad on Saturday night. But, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them the next 2 weekends.
Have you started to show yet? More & more each week
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding ring on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy!
Name possibilities? A couple...but not sharing them just yet :)
Looking forward to? Finishing the baby bedding, getting the crib in on Tuesday (hopefully), getting our carpets shampooed on Tuesday, & only one more week until my college best friends are coming to stay with me! Laura G. , Lindsay, & Laura M. will be here next Thursday for the ASU home football game & to catch up. Can't wait for the 4 of us to be reunited!
Wedding ring on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy!
Name possibilities? A couple...but not sharing them just yet :)
Looking forward to? Finishing the baby bedding, getting the crib in on Tuesday (hopefully), getting our carpets shampooed on Tuesday, & only one more week until my college best friends are coming to stay with me! Laura G. , Lindsay, & Laura M. will be here next Thursday for the ASU home football game & to catch up. Can't wait for the 4 of us to be reunited!

Hi, Jessica! So sweet of you to post the blanket you got from me! I'm so glad you like it. Notification of your post showed up in my daily traffic report. Congrats on your soon to be bundle of joy! Your blog is adorable. :)
ReplyDelete