Sunday, November 4, 2012

26 Weeks

This week has been so much fun & jam packed! 

Monday I had my glucose/gestational diabetes test and an ultrasound.  I had the Fruit Punch drink & it was ridiculously sweet.  I had such a headache after drinking that especially since I normally drink all water.  I also had to have an ultrasound (again) because Baby Baker is a stubborn one.  At my last anatomy scan, he would not cooperate at all! They couldn't get all the necessary measurements, so I had to have another ultrasound.  Well, of course, this time he was equally as stubborn! They still couldn't get a measurement of his spine, so we'll try again at a later date.  I don't know which side of the family stubbornness runs on--definitely not mine! haha!

Tuesday we had all of the carpets in our house shampooed.  Seriously, it's the little things in life that make me so happy! Also the crib finally came in again.  Jon was at home when the UPS driver came to deliver it.  He told Jon that the box had a hole in it & he wasn't sure if he needed to mark it as damaged or leave it with us.  After several phone conversations (thank goodness for a patient and nice UPS driver), we decided to keep it.  We called Overstock's customer service & while on the phone with them opened the box to see what was wrong with it.  We figured out that it was the back side of the crib that had a few scratches on it, but since it faced the wall it wasn't too bad.  Overstock is sending us a replacement piece for the crib sometime this week.  Whew. 

Tuesday night we put together the crib. Okay, really Jon put together the crib while I supervised, but still.  It's so precious.  So glad that I can mark that off the to do list now!

Wednesday was Halloween & instead of dealing with the masses of kids that are normally dropped off in our neighborhood, we watched "What to Expect When Expecting" upstairs in our bonus room.  We laughed at the labor/delivery part especially because Jon told me that I'd definitely be the one that was the most dramatic and difficult.  At least he knows upfront!

On Thursday, the doctor's office called me.  They said they needed to update me on my test results, which I instantly thought they were going to tell me I had gestational diabetes.  Thankfully, my thyroid was off a little so they only increased my medication.  And, my glucose testing came back in normal range.  Whew. 

Friday my mom came into town.  We stayed up until at least 1AM sewing the bumpers for the baby bed.  They turned out SO stinkin' cute.  I'm so impressed with her being able to make them for me.  She loaded up my Mamaw's sewing machine & we figured out the bumpers slowly but surely.  It was so special sewing with Mamaw's machine too.  We laughed so hard at trying to figure out how to cut the material, sew it the right direction, etc.  It's a miracle that they turned out so cute.  Can't wait to post a blog soon about the nursery. 


Pregnancy Journal:
How far along? 26 Weeks

Total weight gain/ loss? No weight gain yet... Went to the Dr. on Monday of this week & he asked if I was actually eating. If he only knew!

Maternity clothes? None yet....but my clothes are getting a little be tighter :( 

Sleep? Sleep is getting better this week.  Now if only I could sleep without getting up to go to the bathroom 20,000 times a night!

Best moment this week? SO many good moments this week.  We got the crib in (and put together), our carpets in the house got shampooed this week, I had a good Dr. Appt, and Mom & I made the baby bedding for the nursery.  Everything is coming together & it's so exciting getting ready for this sweet baby. 

Miss anything? No

Movement? Lots of movement! I feel like he's doing flips constantly!

Food cravings? Pumpkin still.  And bananas.

 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.

Most entertaining thing you've been emotional about this week? Too much happiness for this week to be emotional

Have you started to show yet? My belly is definitely sticking out now

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding ring on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy!

Name possibilities?  I think we've actually settled on a name! Announcement coming soon!


Looking forward to?  Thursday my college best friends are coming to stay with me! Laura G. , Lindsay, & Laura M. will be here for the ASU home football game & to catch up. Can't wait for the 4 of us to be reunited! Mom & I are also going to the Holiday House in LR this weekend. Always a favorite of ours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment