Thursday, August 16, 2012

Baby Baker!

So, clearly I'm not so good with keeping up with a blog.  Hopefully, I'll be much better.  :)

Jon & I are expecting our first child February 5, 2013! We're so excited & can't wait for the newest little addition to our family.  Since I'm so far behind, here's some of my pregnancy memories so far:

Baby Baker at 9 Weeks

Favorite Pregnancy Memories: 

  • Telling my mom & dad we were having a baby.  My mom's birthday was 2 weeks before we came to the lake house, so I wrapped up a blue polka-dot box with a big hot pink ribbon.  Inside was a digital pregnancy test that I had taken right when I got to lake house to see them.  As I've told other people, you can only give your mother a stick you pee on as a present! Haha! Anyways, their reaction was priceless! 

  • Getting to tell my Mamaw before she died.  For those that don't know, my sweet mamaw battled cancer for over 4 years before she died on July 4, 2012.  We knew that it was a matter of time, so it was incredibly important for me to be able to share our exciting news with her.  My mamaw was in the delivery room with my mother when I was born (long story for another blog post!) & she reminisced about that with me & my mom on one of my visits home.  After we told my grandparents (and had lots of tears involved!), my mom thought it would be a great idea to take pictures.  I'm so thankful for those pictures we took.  They are the last photos that I have with my mamaw, who I miss so much already! 

Least Favorite Memories: 
  • Being SO tired for the first 3 months.  I felt like the minute I got home from work, I was ready to go to sleep.  
  • Traveling out of state so much for work...and finding clean airplane/airport bathrooms! 
  • Keeping the pregnancy a secret was super hard! 
What Baby Baker has experienced thus far: 
  • Baby Baker has been all over the United States in the past month.  I've had to travel to St. Louis, Providence, RI, & Fresno, CA during the month of July for work.  Finding airport food that tasted good was a challenge! I was in and out multiple airports over the course of 3 weeks.  
  • He/She has officially been to their first (hopefully only if it's a boy!) Alpha Gam Convention.  Such a fun week with the Epsilon Zeta advisors, alums, and collegiate members.  

No comments:

Post a Comment