Saturday, June 15, 2013

3 Months Old

3 Months Old




Weight: Not sure...we go back to the Dr. at 4 months old
Height: Not sure...we go back to the Dr. at 4 months old
Clothing Size: 0-3 and 3 month clothes in most everything 
Diaper Size: Size 1
Feeding: 5oz. breastmilk every 3 hours (except at night)
Sleeping: Sleeping in his big boy crib every night from around 9pm until 6:30am.  Such a good little sleeper! We still have a few nights where he wakes up from being either not tired or hungry.  But, most of the time, all it takes is a little food & some rocking in the glider & he's back to sleep in no time. 
Nickname: He's still definitely my little "Wiggle Wiggle" but has also developed into becoming quite the little Possum.  So many times I've gone to lay him down in his crib (or bouncer, nap nanny, etc. for naps) and his eyes pop right back open looking at me.  Most of the time it's accompanied by the cutest little smile.  I envision him wanting to say "Hey Mom, gotcha! I'm not really tired!" 



Milestones:
  • Sitting up in the Bumbo
  • Rolling from his back to his tummy
  • Starting to have a real laugh
  • Baby Dedication at Church (and Mommy's first Mother's Day)
  • Going to daycare so Mommy & Daddy could go back to work :(

"I'm not ready to wake up from my nap & face the day!!"

 Happy baby boy!
 
Smiling at the great-Papaw

This picture just makes my heart melt.  Jett baby & Papaw at Papaw's house in April.  He was loving making all kinds of noises talking to my Papaw.  Just seeing the two of them together is the most precious thing ever.  I wish Mamaw was here to meet Jett, but I'm so grateful that he has a great-Papaw that loves him so much!

Sitting in the Bumbo

Amazed by the monkeys

My little laid back kiddo


Likes:
  • Loves the monkeys on top of his bouncer.  He is so amazed at them when they move. 
  • Sitting up instead of laying down...with lots of assistance, though 
  • Reading the touch & feel books with Mommy
  • Constantly making noises and figuring out his vocal cords
  • Looking and paying attention to everything around him
  • Loves being outside
Dislikes:
  • We're still not a fan of changing outfits, especially the ones that go over his head.  But, we've turned this into a game of "peek-a-boo" so it's more enjoyable. 
  • Washing his head in the bathtub
Things we can't live without:
My list really hasn't changed much from last month.  The swaddle is seriously the funniest part.   After Jett has ate, changed his diaper, etc. I turn the lamp on in the nursery & put him in his swaddle.  These days he gets all tucked in the swaddled & wants to "talk" constantly.  We then rock him for maybe about 5 minutes and he's out! His new thing is that he does not want his pacifier to sleep (unless he's in all out meltdown mode).  He does really good just falling asleep on his own.  And for that, I'm so thankful. 
  • Fisher Price SnugaMonkey Bouncer- Seriously...he LOVES this!
  • Angelcare Video Monitor: Watching Jett sleep is precious, but knowing that the sensor will go off if something happens is priceless! It really puts me at ease.
  • Swaddles: This baby definitely sleeps better all swaddled in. It's like once he's swaddled, he knows it's time for bedtime.
Other thoughts from the month:
Going back to work was the hardest thing ever.   Jon & I were both blessed to be able to take off 12 weeks together to be at home with Jett.  Needless to say, after being home for that long & having such precious baby, made both of us want to stay home forever! :)  Thankfully, I have an amazing husband and amazing work family so I'll only be working part time for now.  Now that I'm back at work, I can honestly say I love having my adult interactions and being able to eat lunch with both hands for a full hour break.  Haha! But, it's wonderful to also be able to have the flexibility to be at home and spend time with Jett part of the week. 

At first, I thought daycare was the most awful thing ever.  It was so hard for me to let go of my baby.  I mean, who loves him as much as his mommy & daddy do?! The first day he came home a screaming, crying mess.  Which, of course, meant that I was a crying mess.  Huge meltdown in the Baker household.  I was convinced he hated daycare and felt so guilty having to go back to work.  Thankfully, after we got his schedule down with his daycare (and told them they didn't have to change his diaper 18 times a day unless absolutely necessary!), he is perfectly fine there and the mommy guilt is somewhat gone.   It's still hard some days to drop him off, but other days it's just so much easier knowing he's in good hands. 

And...last thing.  Honestly, I wasn't sure how long I'd make it breastfeeding.  Around 3 months I had to start pumping exclusively.  Whoever has the misconception that breastfeeding/pumping is easy is sooooo wrong! I'm still hanging in there & have given my self a short-term goal of pumping until Jett is 6 months old.  I wish I was one of those mothers that has a wonderful milk supply.  Sadly, I've tried everything but I just don't get enough milk to provide all that Jett needs in a day.  I've had to also let go of that Mommy guilt & realize that giving my baby formula is not a bad thing.  :)  He still gets 90% breastmilk in a day and for me, that is perfect.  As long as I have a happy, healthy baby that's all that matters!

1 comment:

  1. Don't let Mommy guilt get you down!! It can be a killer...even for stay at home Moms!!! :) Jett is so precious! I can't believe how big he is getting!

    ReplyDelete