Pregnancy Journal:
How far along? 38 Weeks -- Jett is still growing! However, I can honestly say that I'm SO thankful that this week has come and gone. This has been the most sickly week of pregnancy so far!
Looking very sick. This was about 2 hours before the norovirus started!
Total weight gain/ loss? I'm guessing still 16-20 lbs. We go back to the Dr. tomorrow & I'm sure he'll keep me updated!
Maternity clothes? Same as last week...whatever fits & is comfy. I never thought I'd see the day that my yoga pants were even getting uncomfortable.
Sleep? I slept a ton this week thanks to my lovely sickness (see below), but now that I'm over that I'm back to not sleeping all that great.
Best Worst moment this week? We'll start with the worst before we get to the best---the dreaded norovirus/stomach virus mess that is NO fun. On Tuesday I came home from work around 5:30 or so. Jon was about to go sleep since he had to work that night, so we took the above picture & he went to bed. I decided to call a few friends & catch up and just be lazy for the night. Around 8:30 I started feeling really, really nauseous and after throwing up (gross, I know) for 15-20 minutes nonstop I decided to wake Jon up. I laid down & then got sick again after drinking water/Gatorade. Jon then called the Women's Clinic several times & they basically said if I couldn't keep any fluids down we needed to come to Labor & Delivery for IV's. So after getting sick again, we load up and go to L&D not really knowing what to expect. I was sick the whole way to the hospital, which thankfully is not too far away from our house, but it didn't help that we got pulled over by a state trooper on the way there! Once he saw how sick I was, he instantly backed up and let us carry on our way! It's pretty funny thinking about it now....not so much then!
Once we got to L&D, they instantly tried to get an IV in me. I was so dehydrated that they had a hard time getting the IV in. I never watch, but from all the dried blood I had to clean up off of me after I left L&D I can tell you it was awful. My blood pressure dropped to 100/58 while we were there. They gave me 2 bags of IV fluids and a shot to stop the vomiting. They also hooked me up to the machine to watch my contractions & the baby's movements. Once the first bag of IV fluids was in my system, he was moving all around so that eased my mind. Obviously sleeping in a hospital bed is awful so I was ready to go home as soon as possible. We were discharged early in the AM & I came home to go to bed. In the mean time, my parents came up (everyone was pretty worried about the baby, etc. and didn't know if they'd keep me) in the middle of the night. Sadly, after about an hour of sleep at home my body was not over the sickness and I lost every bit of the IV's that they had given me. Made for a super long night/morning. I've never been so sick in my life. Poor Jon had to clean up everything while I just cried and shook in the bathroom. I'm so thankful for him, mom & dad for sanitizing the house afterwards and even more thankful that none of them got it!
I stayed home from work Wednesday & Thursday and slept most all day/night both days. My body was so exhausted, weak, etc. The whole time I was thinking that I physically could not go into labor while being that sick. That would've terrible!!
Once we got to L&D, they instantly tried to get an IV in me. I was so dehydrated that they had a hard time getting the IV in. I never watch, but from all the dried blood I had to clean up off of me after I left L&D I can tell you it was awful. My blood pressure dropped to 100/58 while we were there. They gave me 2 bags of IV fluids and a shot to stop the vomiting. They also hooked me up to the machine to watch my contractions & the baby's movements. Once the first bag of IV fluids was in my system, he was moving all around so that eased my mind. Obviously sleeping in a hospital bed is awful so I was ready to go home as soon as possible. We were discharged early in the AM & I came home to go to bed. In the mean time, my parents came up (everyone was pretty worried about the baby, etc. and didn't know if they'd keep me) in the middle of the night. Sadly, after about an hour of sleep at home my body was not over the sickness and I lost every bit of the IV's that they had given me. Made for a super long night/morning. I've never been so sick in my life. Poor Jon had to clean up everything while I just cried and shook in the bathroom. I'm so thankful for him, mom & dad for sanitizing the house afterwards and even more thankful that none of them got it!
I stayed home from work Wednesday & Thursday and slept most all day/night both days. My body was so exhausted, weak, etc. The whole time I was thinking that I physically could not go into labor while being that sick. That would've terrible!!
Best moment this week? Sunday afternoon our precious Life Group class from church had a baby shower for us. I love the members of this sweet group & really appreciate how they've taken Jon & I in as members of the group. Friday & Saturday was Jon's 10 year high school class reunion. We had a great time catching up (and for me, meeting for the first time) several of his classmates. My body is telling me that I overdid it today, though!
Funny moment of the week: Now that we're a few days past the norovirus episode, there were a few funny moments that we can laugh about now. However, I don't think anyone wants to read anymore about my sickness!!
Miss anything? Just wish my feet wouldn't swell so bad. They go from normal to swollen super fast.
I was reading one of my pregnancy forums & there was a post about good things about being pregnant. I realized that I hadn't written anywhere that since about 1/2 through my pregnancy, my eczema has all but disappeared. This is HUGE for me since I'm normally a big itchy mess. Also, for whatever reason, I've worried about shaving my legs before going to the hospital. But, lately I've noticed that I hardly have to shave them at all. It's so interesting to me how your body reacts to pregnancy. I really wish I could keep these two good things post pregnancy!
Movement? Movement has slowed down a little, but contractions have picked up!
Food cravings? Food this week has not been so fun....
I was reading one of my pregnancy forums & there was a post about good things about being pregnant. I realized that I hadn't written anywhere that since about 1/2 through my pregnancy, my eczema has all but disappeared. This is HUGE for me since I'm normally a big itchy mess. Also, for whatever reason, I've worried about shaving my legs before going to the hospital. But, lately I've noticed that I hardly have to shave them at all. It's so interesting to me how your body reacts to pregnancy. I really wish I could keep these two good things post pregnancy!
Movement? Movement has slowed down a little, but contractions have picked up!
Food cravings? Food this week has not been so fun....
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.
Have you started to show yet? Yes!
Belly button in or out? In....barely.
Wedding ring on or off? Off.
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy and anxious
Name? Jett Owen Baker.
Looking forward to? Having this baby. It's getting so close!
Girl!! You are getting so close! That stinks you got so sick. I'll be saying prayers for you as you get close to delivery.
ReplyDelete